[HOT] Nominations for HOT Chair of the voting members and Board are open

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Fri Feb 14 16:50:01 UTC 2014

We definitely need to make this all work together. Various smaller and
larger issues need to be adjusted in the bylaws. Code needs to be referred
to in them (IMO). And we can't just tackle one thing at a time.
I don't mind which the place is (wiki or Hackpad). Hackpad is more
conversational but it's not open source.
But let's this thing sorted out this year.

For the board size: The various organizations I've been involved with have
had both ways without problems: fixed board size and varying. I think in
the case of the varying size it's been usually an item on the annual
meeting's list to (officially) decide on the board size that year albeit
it's been a custom to go with the size that the board is "suggesting".
Sometimes this might be also left for a dedicated elections committee to
suggest for the annual meeting. And sometimes there's just been a custom to
create a consensus about the board size in "unofficial discussions".
What ever it is it might be good to have a policy approved by the voting
members. I don't see why we couldn't decide on such policy/custom as a
simple decision point on the annual meeting list.

Cheers,
-Jaakko

--
jaakko at helleranta.com * Skype: jhelleranta * Mobile: +505-8845-3391 (Nicaragua)