[HOT] List and Description of Activations in 2013?

Christian Lenz (clenzch) hot at clenz.ch
Tue Feb 25 07:13:14 UTC 2014

Good morning,

I see basically two options for the problem below:

1) Tag every project page (e.g.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Typhoon_Haiyan_%282013%29) with
"Category:HOTProjects" (or similar) and then use a dynamic page list
(https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Intersection) to make an
automatic list of the last 15 or 20 (or so) projects pages which sites
were edited.
(+) automatically up-to-date all the time (latest edits).
(-) not possible to choose the "most important" projects that should be
on top in the list. Only the titles are mapped to the main page, e.g. in
a bullet list.

2) Run one page with all projects in an arbitrary order (e.g. descending
with starting date, importance, ...). The page consists of two (marked)
sections. The first section can be mapped automatically into the HOT
main page using an extension enabling labeled section transclusion (to
be installed as well),
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension%3aLabeled_Section_Transclusion). The
second section may contain all less important and/or former projects
that will not be mapped onto the main page.
(+) can be edited (eventually by users with corresponding rights)
manually to show what is considered as "good" to show up on the main
page. A brief description may be added to the title.
(-) is not automatically updated by latest edits and must be maintained
manually.

One open question: Must there be different languages for projects or can
we get along with English only for this project titles?

I'm curious about what you think makes sense to be implemented. Who
could support with the installation of the corresponding extensions? Can
we derive the (complete) list of projects from the tasking manager?

Best regards,
Chris