[HOT] Import UNICEF data in Central African Republic, act II

Severin MENARD severin.menard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 23:25:15 UTC 2014

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your answers. My comments are inline.

> Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 07:34:35 -0500
> From: Tom Taylor <tom.taylor.stds at gmail.com>
> To: hot at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [HOT] Import UNICEF data in Central African Republic, act
>         II
>
> We could simply import the non-controversial items while you hash the
> rest out. That is, delete all questioned labels.

I think there is only one pending we can fix, see below.

> Tom Taylor
>
> On 21/01/2014 3:45 AM, Severin MENARD wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone interested to make this topic going forward?
> > For info, Central African Republic is rated Crisis Level 3, as only Syria
> > and Philippines, and the situation there is now compared to the tragic
> > crisis that occurred in Rwanda an Bosnia, read
> > here<
> http://reliefweb.int/report/central-african-republic/ocha-operations-director-john-ging-opening-remarks-press-central
> >.
> >

> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Severin
>

> Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:31:28 -0500
> From: Tom Taylor <tom.taylor.stds at gmail.com>
> To: Pierre B?land <pierzenh at yahoo.fr>, "hot at openstreetmap.org"
>         <hot at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [HOT] Import UNICEF data in Central African Republic, act
>         II
>
> Just to confirm: I will delete the admin_level tags after checking, and
> delete the fixme tags unconditionally. I will delete any other tags not
> found in the tagging plans listed on the following wiki pages:
>
> (Health<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_CAR_UNICEF_FOSA>,
> Education
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_CAR_UNICEF_Education>and
> Water <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_CAR_UNICEF_WASH
> >facilities)

Actually the discussion on this topic reached that point:

> *Frederik Ramm: I understand your admin level explanation but I don't
> think it is sufficient reason for adding the highly unusual three "is-in"
> type oftags that you are proposing. I wonder how addresses in CAR
> areconstructed - is it possible that the correct postal address for
> alocation like that might be "XYZ Hospital, Adminarea 3, Adminarea 2,
> Adminarea 1, CAR" or so? In which case a potential compromise could beusing
> the addr:full tag (Wiki: "Use this for a full-text, oftenmulti-line,
> address if you find the structured address fields unsuitable for denoting
> the address of this particular location.").*

*Me: This is a good idea, if everyone agrees I change the wikipages to
reflect that  *

This is why the admin_levels had not been modified in the wiki, just to be
sure we were OK with how to modify the wikipage. Are you OK with the idea
of replacing the admin_levels tags by one single addr tag (addr:full or
another one)?

 I will also fix the health facility substitution of "_" for ":" tag