[HOT] Open Data for Development Challenge Montreal

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 28 01:53:12 UTC 2014

Some 200 people from development organizations are participatin this monday and tomorrow to the 2014 OPEN DATA FOR DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGEin Montreal. This event is organized by the canadian Department of Foreign Affairs. See http://www.open-dev-ouvert.ca/

The hashtag #OD4DC is used to follow / react to discussions about OpenData. Bother Heather and I are present at this event.

I participated today to the Panel Mapping for the Development where I invited the humanitarians to be more involved in the OSM ecosystem,with a common Platform, OpenData.  I insisted on the new communication tools that offer the possibility for the field teams to collect and share geodata.http://fr.slideshare.net/pierzen/donnees-ouvertesmontreal201401273

Pierre