[HOT] Ebola Outbreak Activation

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 2 15:54:30 UTC 2014

For the task manager job http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/572, there is an Imagery offset problem in a section of the job, since two different images are overlapped.

This problem arizes with the first two bottom rows in the left section of the Job.  In this area, we observe an offset of approx. 30 meters between th two Bing images that overlap. You will see the more detailed image if  you zoom in closely (under 40 meters with JOSM),

In such situations,if a village is offset 30 meters with the rest of the world, this is not a great problem. But inside the village, we want to respect the overall geometry, the alignment between individual buildings and roads. If a previous mapper used the less detailed imagery, I suggest that you simply do the same and just complete adding objects not already traced.

Pierre