[HOT] Ebola Outbreak Activation

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 21:03:48 UTC 2014

Pierre,

I haven't worked on any of the lower squares yet, but I have found that
there are several gps traces.

It's worth checking for gps traces, and if you get one of more, align
the roads to the trace(s), then align the imagery to the trace. I'm
tagging roads that have a gps trace as
source=gps;Bing for their length which matches a gps trace.

Regards

Nick
(Tallguy)

  On 02/07/14 16:54, Pierre Béland wrote:
> For the task manager job http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/572, there is an
> Imagery offset problem in a section of the job, since two different
> images are overlapped.
>
> This problem arizes with the first two bottom rows in the left section
> of the Job.  In this area, we observe an offset of approx. 30 meters
> between th two Bing images that overlap. You will see the more
> detailed image if  you zoom in closely (under 40 meters with JOSM),
>
> In such situations,if a village is offset 30 meters with the rest of
> the world, this is not a great problem. But inside the village, we
> want to respect the overall geometry, the alignment between individual
> buildings and roads. If a previous mapper used the less detailed
> imagery, I suggest that you simply do the same and just complete
> adding objects not already traced.
> Pierre

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)