[HOT] Ebola Outbreak Activation

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 21:27:52 UTC 2014

Pierre,

Sorry, further to my last - I've now checked all the gps traces and
there are none extending to the bottom two rows of squares left hand side.

Nick
(Tallguy)

On 02/07/14 16:54, Pierre Béland wrote:
> For the task manager job http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/572, there is an
> Imagery offset problem in a section of the job, since two different
> images are overlapped.
>
> This problem arizes with the first two bottom rows in the left section
> of the Job.  In this area, we observe an offset of approx. 30 meters
> between th two Bing images that overlap. You will see the more
> detailed image if  you zoom in closely (under 40 meters with JOSM),
>
> In such situations,if a village is offset 30 meters with the rest of
> the world, this is not a great problem. But inside the village, we
> want to respect the overall geometry, the alignment between individual
> buildings and roads. If a previous mapper used the less detailed
> imagery, I suggest that you simply do the same and just complete
> adding objects not already traced.
> Pierre

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)