[HOT] HOT Tech WG Meeting X+13

Dražen Odobašić dodobas at geoinfo.geof.hr
Tue Jul 8 09:34:19 UTC 2014

Tech WG IRC meeting X+13: Summary

pierregiraud:
  * wrote data migration script for TMv1 -> TMv2
  * V2 development is still in progress but has enough features to be put in
production
  * current iteration of the dev instance is running on
http://tasks2.dev.hotosm.org/
    * RAW html tags are not supported any more, so V2 replaces raw html with
[HTML_REMOVED]
  * will try to finish everything up, so we can officially launch TMv2

dodobas:
  * we need to support old "/job/:id" urls as most of the current links in
wikis/emails use those (nginx redirect)
  * updated and reorganized TWG wiki -
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Technical
  * we should think about creating a HOT taxonomy (probably something for
communication WG)
  * some updates of the HIRC service, but it's not yet live
  * added Myanmar region to the HOT export service
  * talked about project manager report, and how to communicate those (wiki,
file in the repository, ?)
  * use max. three label groups per issue, something along the lines of 'type'
'priority' 'flag' label groups
  * discussed about SSL options, since we don't actually have any public facing
sites, opened to the community (only auth users), we might just use self-signed
wildcard certificate
    * you do get a warning, but it should not be a problem for 'power' users
    * mentioned https://www.globalsign.com/ssl/ssl-open-source/ - as they
provide free certificates for open source projects

harry-wood:
  * proposed add 'CONTRIBUTING.md' file to the project repository
  * ideally 'CONTRIBUTING.md' could be automatically ingested to create dynamic
project reports
  * announced first community meeting for OpenAerialMap, Wednesday 9th July 2014
at 12:00 UTC
  * mentioned a couple of crowdsourcing/microtasking tools for imagery
classification/feature detection
    * https://github.com/hotosm/kuona, https://github.com/candela-it/hakken,
OKFN PyBossa platform, MicroMappers

ptressel:
  * we should use color-coded labels for issues
    * use colors violet, red, red-orange, orange, yellow-orange, for priority
(or something like that).  Use bluish hues for type, etc.
  * will ask the Globalsign folks if they will include a handful of subdomains
(check availability for HOT)