[HOT] Launching the hot mailing list in French

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 13:23:43 UTC 2014

Hi all,

*"HOT leverages the OSM brand, which is an Open Community*
*So HOT is logically the Open Community to do with Humanitarian...."*

Of course, however, OpenStreetMap doesn't just say "do what you like with
it", even if they have been very generous with the use of their name. This
popped up on Twitter as soon as you emailed:

https://twitter.com/raimondiand/status/487566063740407808

My point being, you shouldn't just stick the letters "HOT" on something and
claim that we're all open anyway, not if there's people in HOT that are
legally responsible for actions undertaken in that name (and some massive
projects bringing in cash).

(This is arguably going off topic)

Cheers, Joseph