[HOT] Launching the hot mailing list in French

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 21:24:57 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thank you for all your discussion points. First off, I want to share why I
have been somewhat absent and will be absent for the next 2 weeks. I work
for Open Knowledge and we are hosting a large event and series of events
this week in Berlin. Please know that I want to help us navigate this
conversation, but do need to focus until July 24th.

Mikel asked for some help to have the conversation move to action via a
community IRC chat. To help with this I have started a framing document to
write out clear actions, owners and priorities. This is really just a start
please remix:
https://hackpad.com/HOT-Localization-Research-dD1QL6LrnmT

As you know I am on the HOT Board, I see a number of key large topics at
play here. The HOT Board has an in person meeting from July 24 - 27th in
Washington DC. We are super honoured to have Allen Gunn aka Gunner of
Aspiration Tech join us. He has worked with Tor, Mozilla and Greenpeace to
name a few large communities. He has been briefed on the membership board
election feedback as well as this and other community discussions.  Some of
the proposed outcomes are to draft plans to share back with you to help
guide us to a better place.

Lastly, I know that we are all super passionate and focused on building HOT
in many ways. I am super honoured to be part of this community in addition
to being a member and being on the Board. I am truly committed to HOT as
are many of you.

Thank you and talk with some of you in Berlin at the various HOTtie and
HOTtie influenced sessions -

http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2014-07-09_join_hot_in_berlin_at_okfestival
http://openmappingberlin.splashthat.com/

Heather