[HOT] Boosting LearnOSM

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Sat Jul 19 01:05:59 UTC 2014

Hi Rafael,

Sounds like a great idea. The InaSAFE project uses Transifex not just for
translating the software but also for translating the documentation. The
one issue in mind holding back the switch over is that LearnOSM is in many
languages now, so I would see the steps as follows.

1. Update the English documentation and get it into Transifex.
2. Retranslate documentation from other languages.

This would be painful certainly the first time, but then in the future if
the documentation was updated on the sections that were changed would show
up as in need of translation. Is that the method you see?

Some of the HOT Indonesia team can speak to the issues with translating
documentation in Transifex. The biggest issue I think (correct me if I'm
wrong team) is if the "master" documentation language has a lot of tweaks.
Meaning it works best if there is a "release" of the documentation and then
the translations start.

Best,

-Kate

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Rafael Avila Coya <ravilacoya at gmail.com>