[HOT] hiu-maps.net (Ebola outbreak activation TMS host)

David Schmitt david at black.co.at
Sat Jul 19 10:01:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

while working on task #587 (Ebola Outbreak, Panguma area road network
(Sierra Leone)), hiu-maps.net returns transient "500 Internal Server
Error"s. Also when it works, it transfers tiles quite slowly.

Together this makes the work quite painful as one must mostly wait until
the TMS has catched up with a zoom or scroll and then reload the error
tiles.

I'm using JOSM but can repro both the 500's and the slow download with
wget. Other internet destinations are easily reachable from my side.

Is there a way to help add more resources to hiu-maps.net and/or tune
the nginx?

Regards, David