[HOT] London HOT Congo Mapathon, reflection

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Wed May 7 12:25:18 UTC 2014

Some good reflection from Dan and Nick about our event on Saturday.

There were several factors which made it feel like a great success, as Dan listed. On his third point about the teaching, we need to say a big *thank you to Dan and Nick!*

At the event we had a good balance of OSM beginners, and OSM experts to teach them. Chief among the teachers were Dan and Nick, and with that help the event seemed to run pretty smoothly.

On the field papers thing we encountered a few issues, but in general people coped with the fiddly workflow better than I was expecting. It gave me a few ideas for ways of improving the field papers site and the JOSM plugin. I'll get these into the bug trackers, and discuss them with the tech working group.

And I do have a list of attendee email addresses via eventbrite, so I will use that to try to get people involved more long term (e.g. get them to join this mailing list)

Before that I will be writing a blog post about the event. I also promised a blog post for the ODI (hosts)  Blogs coming soon!

Harry