[HOT] North Nigeria - eHealth Africa data imports

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:10:35 UTC 2014

Hi Jennifer, conpie and Clifford:

What kind of data are you interested in and for what areas? I could
open a job in the HOT Task Manager right away for mapping the streets
and main buildings for some target cities, like Maiduguri, Sokoto city
and Kano City. Maiduguri is the capital city of Borno, the hardest hit
state by the Boko Haram state, and Sokoto and Kano cities are quite
badly mapped. You can suggest others too.

Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow I will import thousands of eHealth
Africa residential areas for 8 states of North Nigeria (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Nigeria_eHealth_Africa_Residential_Areas
) and thinking on how to import the names of the towns and villages
enclosed by those residential areas (conflation with already named
places and with the odd 2009 GEOnet Names Server (GNS) data import is
the issue to solve.

As I said before, there are thousands of eHealth Africa Health
Facilies, Schools, Water Facilities and other kind of nodes for a
handful of North Nigeria states too.

Cheers,

Rafael.