[HOT] Floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed May 21 13:49:19 UTC 2014

Hi Dale,

As expected with the reports of the last few days, damages are serious in many areas. We start to have more precise informations and need to readjust, prioritize our action We have to think about areas to cover, plus OSM products and services to offer to support the humanitarian organizations deploying on the ground.

AREAS TO BE COVERED

The preliminary infos that we obtained are covering an area of 29.600km2. We need to better focus on urgent needs and have the capacity to respond more quickly to this.

Infos from Radar Satellites or other could help. I provided a link yesterday the Map of flooded zones, May 2014 (Red NASA Lance Modis / Light red European Commission Copernicus)

http://floodobservatory.colorado.edu/RapidResponse/2014Bosnia4139/2014Bosnia.html

This or other sources, including our DHN partners, could help us to focus where the needs are.  Any suggestions on this.

OSM PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO OFFER

As usal with such activations, we should offer regularly updated OSM Products and services. This could be on a daily basis. Could developpers answer if they can provide this?

- GIS extracts for Croatia, Bosnia and Syria
- GPS Garmin dowloads for Croatia, Bosnia and Syria
- OSMAnd dowloads for Croatia, Bosnia and Syria

Pierre