[HOT] Floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina

hbogner hbogner at gmail.com
Wed May 21 22:35:30 UTC 2014

I got this message from people at www.poplave.rs
Can someone help with answers to these questions.

<quote>
I am contacting you concerning maps at www.Poplave.rs.

We need to find a "simple" way to locate all inputted locations to exact
geo locations. On many levels people are entering weird combination of
town, street name and street number. Plus sometimes your system finds a
street but it can not find it if its connected to the town. We would
like to create full screen map with all locations in place (at least
good amount).

What would be the best way to convert inputted locations into correct
geo locations on the map.

One example:

User submitted into location form: paracin deligradska

paracin = town
deligradska = street

* sometime it is opposite street first then town

Your system can find each of these separately, but together system is
finding nothing even on your main map:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=paracin%20deligradska#map=5/51.509/-0.088

Most of the time this is the setup we have because people did not have
time to search locations.

Any help is appreciated."
</quote>

Regards,