[HOT] Are there any detailed reports or research on the utilization of HOT maps on the ground?

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 19:34:47 UTC 2014

I have to agree with Mr Hartmann.

When you search, you surely can find articles about who's using OSM data
provided by HOT in which way. But you have to search for it.

It would be good if articles that come from the data users (Red Cross, MSF,
UN, ...) would be visible on the main intro pages about HOT. Stating what
HOT can achieve in terms of data quality and speed is important to convince
possible data users (like the stuff every OSMer knows about hot: mapped
Haiti in that time, mapped all villages in these countries, ...). But
stories from data users are important to convince OSMers.

So the PR needed to attract more data users is very different from the PR
needed to attract more mappers. And both forms of PR are needed.

Regards,
Sander