[HOT] Feedback wanted: reaching out to universities in Ebola impacted countries

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:09:49 UTC 2014

Hi all,
We've observed the impacts of mapping parties, and also know that on the
ground knowledge surpasses remote mapping in a number of categories.

I was thinking about how best we can engage with interested groups and
potentially bring their experience to bear on local map data.

I've written up the gist of the idea at:
https://openideo.com/challenge/fighting-ebola/ideas/the-enlist-universities-to-contribute-to-tasks-hotosm-org

Obviously, similar things have been done before; so I was wondering if the
list had any advice about the best way to do this sort of thing or wished
to provide feedback, details or even participate in the preparation work.