[HOT] unknown structures are buildings?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 01:19:41 UTC 2014

On 11/4/2014 8:11 PM, thatwoodb at hushmail.com wrote:

> Michel,
>
> Thanks for the link, although I had already seen that page. It's very
> useful, but I still think mappers would benefit from seeing examples of
> individual structures (or non-structures) that aren't part of
> residential areas-- structures that are standing alone or in groups too
> small to be enclosed in a residential area, but which still need to be
> traced, as well as things that many mappers might think should be
> labeled buildings, but which shouldn't be.
>
> Take care,
>
> -Ian

Hi Ian,

As you are mapping, if you could save the url of the locations you think
show the types of things you are talking about above and then send them
to me or the list I would really appreciate it.

It is sometimes hard for me to know what people need examples of as I
sort of mentally skip over things I am already familiar with.

If you are using iD you can just copy paste the url from the web
browser, if you are using JOSM, click on the coordinates in the lower
left of the screen and then copy/paste the url from the last box in the
dialog that pop up.

You can collect some of them together in a list and then send them as a
group or individually, whatever works best for you.

Anyone can feel free to send URLs to me or the list of things you think
should go in an imagery or mapping tips guide.

Cheers,
blake