[HOT] Skybox imagery, tilestash, geotiff, etc

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:33:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,
So a few days ago there was a thread about Skybox for good, and explicit
permission to use the imagery for tracing, provided attribution was done.

> >* Is there a TMS/WMS type URL for looking at any of it?*

> Assume so. Just asked them, and they're researching if they'll advertise it.

> There is a GeoTIFF download link in the InfoWindow for each scene. So can be downloaded, and set up in TileStache or whatever easily, for a TMS.

For those of us not in the know around how that might actually be
done, can someone run through it to the point of proof of concept?

I assume it's mostly http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Setting_up_TMS

> HOT is welcome to make additional requests.

Which areas would we prioritise?

>From the ebola response, Freetown is nearing completion; Kayes in Mali
seems fairly complete - what other areas would benefit from refreshed
imagery that we've already covered; or couldn't previously cover?