[HOT] UAV questions

Kate Chapman kate.chapman at hotosm.org
Wed Nov 5 14:00:38 UTC 2014

Hi Fred,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Fred Moine <frmoine at gmail.com> wrote:

> HOT questions :
>

> In July HOT present UAV activity in london during the conference:
> Understand the risk.
>
> this week in New York it will be a meeting on UAV  someone is going  from
> HOT?
> http://irevolution.net/2014/10/09/un-experts-meeting-on-humanitarian-uavs/

Yes, I am attending the meeting in my role as advisory board member for the
Humanitarian UAV Network. I will be presenting regarding the OpenAerialMap
project.

>     To support the UAV project OSM Haiti we need drone spart parts that we
> can make ​​with a 3D printer (arms, body,... ) , if you can give us a
> contact or idea that we can quickly repair a drone on the ground if
> necessary.

Are you asking where you might get spare parts? Which type of drone? If
anyone is attending State of the Map and is interested in different
techniques regarding this please find Gregor MacLannan he is presenting
about using iD for offline mapping, but also has done some work with
communities building their own drones. Perhaps this might be a way to have
them be easier to fix.

> Is it possible to put us in contact with groups " aeromodelists " to see
> who and how we could support a UAV project in Haiti .

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you mean hobbyist drone users?
What about working with Drone Adventures?

Thanks,

-Kate

>     Sincerely FredM

Kate Chapman