[HOT] West Africa Ebola Outbreak More Jobs for Mali

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 19 13:52:28 UTC 2014

Hi Fran

Interesting,

Severin
 will surely be interested to develop a similar workflow for CAR with the humanitarian organizations.

Pierre

________________________________
 De : Fran Boon <francisboon at gmail.com>
À : Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr>; Jaakko Helleranta.com <jaakko at helleranta.com>
Cc : HOT Discussion list <hot at openstreetmap.org>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 19 novembre 2014 6h35
Objet : Re: [HOT] West Africa Ebola Outbreak More Jobs for Mali

On 19 November 2014 02:11, Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Interesting interaction to build with the humanitairans in the field and we
> should surely look at the best options together.
> And  all of this in an emergency context.
> We have not discussed these details with OCHA-Mali and UNICEF. But we can
> discuss this tomorrow. This is a workflow that we will build with them at
> the same time we respond to this emergency We also have to adapt to the
> operational context they will have.

I will trial Mapillary in Central African Republic...both for my own
use & that of the NGOs working there...I am invited to the IM Working
Group by OCHA who are keen to learn how to make better use of OSM.
I am worried about bandwidth usage, so PoIs with OSMAnd may be a more
suitable option, but we'll see :)