[HOT] Mapping Africa's National Parks, Game Reserves and Nature Reserves

Eric SIBERT courrier at eric.sibert.fr
Sat Oct 4 19:45:07 UTC 2014

> Thanks Eric, having the official boundaries mapped is a great start.
> Would you be able to add the Madagascan reserves to the wiki page:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_African_National_Parks_and_Reserves

Indeed, after a quick look, it is quite complicated. I don't have a
listing of protected areas, just a single shp file for all the country.
I can open it using QGis and see all areas (~100).

Does someone know how to extract the list of areas?

You can find the shape file on the wiki :
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:WikiProject_Madagascar#Aires_prot.C3.A9g.C3.A9es

Eric