[HOT] [info-hotosm] error in hotosm

Séverin MENARD severin.menard at hotosm.org
Sun Oct 5 13:39:04 UTC 2014

Hi Phil,

I guess you used iD to edit the data? You are facing a editing conflict:
the mentioned way has been already updated twice between the moment you
started editing and the one you tried to save your edits: it was v3 when
you start so you are proposing v4 to the server,but it has already a v5,
what means two updates have been made in the meantime.

Unfortunately, iD cannot manage conflict resolution as JOSM, so you cannot
save your edits as they are. Though, you can undo what you did until you
reach the modifications you did on the mentioned way (for info: here is the
way: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/299286052#map=14/8.3263/-12.6626). If
this is the first object you edited, too bad; if this is the last one, this
is great; but likely you will lose edits.

Otherwise, I advise yo to send this kind of questions on the hot community
mailing list (cced, as my answer may be of interest for others) rather than
the info email of HOT the NGO, as really more people will be able to answer
you. To subscribe, please follow this link:

Sincerely,

Severin