[HOT] Thank you from UNOSAT

Einar BJORGO Einar.BJORGO at unitar.org
Fri Oct 10 14:12:57 UTC 2014

Dear Open Street Map volunteers,

On behalf of UNITAR's Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT) I would like to thank you for the tremendous effort put into the Gaza baseline data generation. The work you done in will help us better analyse the impact of the conflict and combines perfectly with our damage assessment. By having OSM use the same pre-event image that we used for our damage assessment, we have a good correlation between building footprints from OSM and damage points by UNOSAT.

For more information on our Gaza work, including also input from OSM, please see www.unitar.org/unosat/gaza<http://www.unitar.org/unosat/gaza>

Many thanks also to Fred Moine who has been instrumental in setting up and managing this extensive volunteer effort.

Thank you all for this great effort.

With best regards,
Einar Bjorgo

Einar BJORGO
Manager, UNOSAT

United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
Palais des Nations, CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
Tel. +41 22 766 2726 / Mobile: +41 78 745 1620
Email: einar.bjorgo at unitar.org<mailto:einar.bjorgo at unitar.org>  / Website:  www.unitar.org/unosat

[UNITAR-logo for email3]<http://www.unitar.org/>
 [globe-download-green30] <http://www.unitar.org/unosat/maps>  [video30] <http://www.youtube.com/unitarhq#p/f/3/tcB-PFjz2A0>  [facebook30] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/UNITAR/193041225173>  [twitter30] <http://www.twitter.com/unosat>

UNITAR is making concrete contributions to developing
the capacities of tens of thousands of people around the world.
Check out UNOSAT 's latest maps and news<http://www.unitar.org/unosat>
This e-mail and the information and attachments contained therein are for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments from your system.