[HOT] HOTOSM in schools #MapLesotho

Steven Johnson sejohnson8 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:30:33 UTC 2014

Hi Ciaran,

Your timing is excellent! There are a group of us here in the US actively
working to stand up a 'TeachOSM' capability and it sounds like your efforts
square nicely with this. TeachOSM has as its core goal to provide tools and
resources for instructors specifically to use OpenStreetMap as a platform
to teach fundamental concepts of geography (rather than simply teaching
them how to use OSM).

This idea really started to take off last spring following a well-attended
birds-of-a-feather session, and we've been sprinting to get a new TeachOSM
site up next week. For now, it's based on a fork of LearnOSM, but Nuala
Cowan and Richard Hinton (George Washington Univ) are pulling together
teaching modules and I'm working on case studies and resources. You can see
an early incarnation of the site at http://osmlab.github.io/teachosm/en/
and you'll find the repo at https://github.com/osmlab/teachosm/. Also, you
might want to subscribe to the email list:
keep us all posted.

Best,

-- SEJ
-- twitter: @geomantic
-- skype: sejohnson8

There are two types of people in the world. Those that can extrapolate from
incomplete data.