[HOT] Pulling data associated with a #hashtag

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 13:26:05 UTC 2014

Patrick,

I don't think there is any way to do this directly.  There is the
thing Pierre recommended in the other email about showing the
changesets but that doesn't get you the actual data itself though.
What you could do is something like a two step process where you first
get a list of all the changesets (or usernames) associated with that
hashtag, and then as a second step use another tool (there are some
for changesets but not sure what they are) like overpass (overpass
works for usernames) and then you can pull the associated data.

The hashtags going into changeset comments thing is something we do,
but unfortunately there is very little actual infrastructure to use
that information.

A final option would be to write a small script that parses through
the minutely (or daily) diffs for the time period you are interested,
and then pulls any data in the associated changesets that have that
hashtag.  I don't think such a script exists but it wouldn't be hard
to write it I think.

Hope this helps, and maybe someone will know a bit more specifics
about how this might be done, but I am afraid what you are doing just
doesn't yet have a straightforward way to solve it at the moment.

- -AndrewBuck