[HOT] HOTOSM #699: About identification of plantations (HOTOSM #699: About identification of plantations in Africa (as for cassava, manioc)

AYTOUN RALPH ralph.aytoun at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 21 17:21:22 UTC 2014

I have looked at the imagery and this detail is easily identified.

 I have started tagging it as landuse=plantation and species=cassava
(manioc)

If there is a problem with this tagging please let me know and I can change
it. I am making a note of where I am doing this in case it changes.

The other easily identified feature is the palm tree orchards which are
generally neatly planted in patterned rows. I tag these as landuse=orchard
and species=palm.

Thank you Sergio.