[HOT] seeking your help on OSM data extraction tutorial
mikel.maron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:10:41 UTC 2014
I'm seeking someone(s) to collaborate in putting together and delivering a short tutorial on extraction and distribution of OSM data.
This need arose in discussion with ebola response. There are several catalogs publishing snapshots of OSM data, but it's unclear what work flow is in place to keep those snapshots fresh as OSM grows. The idea is to write up very brief documentation (perhaps in a GIST), and then deliver a short tutorial session 30-60 minutes. There's a half dozen people already stepped up to take part, and likely many more.
This tutorial should cover best practice and example workflows. Start with the basics, and move into more specialized topics over the time (so that folks can drop off when they've gotten what they need).
Idea for an agenda:
* Start with the key concepts of how OSM data is updated and replicated
* Dive into the use of HOT Exports, OverPass Turbo, QuickOSM, geofabrik extracts.
* Explore best workflows for cataloging services to keep their OSM data fresh and clearly sourced.
* Think about some opportunities for the future, like running replication servers inside GIS units.
Are you interested to help? Get in touch!
* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the HOT