[HOT] Connecting with JP HRO in Delmas 32, PaP

Jaakko Helleranta / Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) jaakko.helleranta at hotosm.org
Tue Oct 21 20:45:06 UTC 2014

Hi Jason,

Thanks for pinging the list about your project.

As Samuel commented already we have HOT members in Haiti. And there are a
many who have participated in HOT/OSM mapping projects who we can put you
in contact with.

So, depending on your project's needs/parameters there are people with
prior experience with OSM tools, process, survey and editing and also DRR
for both training new mappers as well as to do the actual mapping.

I lived three years in Haiti mapping in general throughout the country and
being involved with HOT projects and the related people/communities. Feel
free to contact me if you have any questions at any point. Should you need
help in designing, planning, setting up or implementing the project that
would require international help there are a number of people with
extensive experience with OSM/DRR projects in Haiti and HOT can also
provide such support contractually if needed.

With best regards,
-Jaakko

--
Jaakko Helleranta * jaakko.helleranta at hotosm.org *
President of the Board, Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) *