[HOT] Eu Aid Volunteers and OSM

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 08:48:23 UTC 2014

Thanks Jorieke, highest credit for Sev then since he followed the Eurosha
mapping teams of Burundi, Central African Republic and Kenya.
But truly you and the other mappers from the EUROSHA project made it easy
for Sev and I to find the energy, stamina to work with you starting and
growing OSM in those countries through paid and a lot of voluntary time.
These are for me fantastic memories still acutely vivid and energizing, so
again, thanks and congrats for this collective engagement of you Eurosha
mappers.
Hopefully, in the EU, we through EUROSHA opened a way that other
volunteering organizations will continue exploring and adopting like VSO,
Ideally, those experiments will feed into the World Humanitarian Summit and
the on-going open dialogue on changing the aid system at play within the
large humantarian and development communities.

Email: nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Skype: c_nicolas
Twitter: nicolas_chavent