[HOT] Eu Aid Volunteers and OSM

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:04:20 UTC 2014

Hey Maning, thanks for the email: the fact that a local OSM community has
been handling training and support to the VSO volunteers for the second
iteration of a EUROSHA like program makes this replication even more
robust.
This indicates an increases of the replicability of such program and
somehow reminds us of the HOT project about the fundamental_overarching aim
of our action: create/support local OSM capacities able to interact with
any actors in-country and globally.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 2:50 PM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for this article jorieke.
> Indeed Project NOAH is Ph govt's major effort to produce accurate hazard
> maps for the whole country. Osm complements these efforts as a major source
> of exposure data. We already trained some of noah's young scientists on how
> to edit/use osm data.
>
> Maning Sambale (mobile)
> On Oct 23, 2014 3:04 AM, "Jorieke Vyncke" <jorieke.vyncke at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As former Eu Aid Volunteer
>> <http://ec.europa.eu/echo/en/what/humanitarian-aid/eu-aid-volunteers>
>> for the Eurosha <http://hot.openstreetmap.org/projects/eurosha_0>project
>> (where more then 20 european and african volunteers were deployed in four
>> different countries in Africa to mainly promote and train local people on
>> OpenStreetMap) I'm happy to see the Eurpean commision keeps on supporting
>> the humanitarian use of OpenStreetMap through the Eu Aid Volunteer program!
>>
>> I came across a nice article about mapping in the Philippines I wanted to
>> share with you. Here it is:
>> http://ec.europa.eu/echo/en/field-blogs/stories/eu-aid-volunteer-uses-digital-mapping-help-prepare-disasters-phlippines
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jorieke

Nicolas Chavent
Projet OpenStreetMap (OSM)
Projet Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)
Projet Espace OSM Francophone (EOF)
Mobile (FRA): +33 (0)6 52 40 78 20
<nicolas.chavent at hotosm.org>
Email: nicolas.chavent at gmail.com