[HOT] Objective: Indoensian School Data Project - Location/Address/Metadata for Indonesia

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 06:57:44 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am interested in working on collecting and maintaining information about
schools in Indonesia in OSM.

I have been trying to figure out how to do this in a "good way", so I would
like to invite anyone interested to message me for more information.

I have some sparse notes, ideas, and I am interested to know if anyone else
would like to collaborate on this.

Once concern is that the address information be searchable easily. Another
concern is that the information can be updated and monitored in batches, as
needed.

Recently the name of a type of school in Indonesia was changed, so, all the
schools are changing their actual names and the "type" of school in local
language would be changed, too.

Our foundation here in Indonesia is trying to understand how to keep public
data sets like "schools" in OSM and to systematically keep them accurate.
Any advice on this is greatly appreciated! Notes will go on the wiki.

--
Alex