[HOT] Validating & TM2 - a send message button?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 14:12:01 UTC 2014

On 9/1/2014 9:03 AM, latte wrote:

> I have dabbled in IRC in the past, but now that I tend to use a graphic
> based environment, I find IRC very draining and sometimes hard to
> follow.

I am curious if you have tried the web browser irc client?

It is no more difficult or challenging than any text based exchange
(email, IM, SMS), no separate client needed, no need for irc commands.

Maybe just give it a look if you get a few seconds.

http://irc.openstreetmap.org/

Text based, immediate help is gaining popularity across the web because
people find it easier than the phone or emails to support. For example
here is one survey that supports that premise:

https://econsultancy.com/blog/63867-consumers-prefer-live-chat-for-customer-service-stats

I am not suggesting anything complicated, just a link in the tasking
manager main panel that lets people know about the hot email list and
the hot web based irc channel.

Cheers,
Blake