[HOT] New HOT mapper welcome message?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:08:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

In the discussion about a validation email for feed back, it occurred to
me that I don't think we send out a "Welcome to HOT mapping!" type of
email the first time someone contributes to a HOT project. At least I do
not remember one if I got one.

I was thinking that the first time a user checks out a task we might
generate a welcome message sent to their OSM account that lets them know
some of things we think are important. For example:

1. Welcome and we are very glad they are here.
2. Whatever they contribute, no matter how much or little will help people.
3. We encourage questions and here is where they can ask.

Or whatever the powers that be think is import to let brand new mappers
and community members know.

Just a thought. We get a welcome email message for just about everything
we join, I think we might consider one for HOT as well.

Cheers,
Blake