[HOT] DRC, Ebola response: thank you and starting activation

Claire Halleux claire.halleux at hotosm.org
Tue Sep 2 12:17:27 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Last week 3 high_priority tasks were completed within 3 days in DRC thanks
to 25 active contributors. Some of those contributors have completed
numerous squares on all the 3 tasks, that was precious!
Those needs were expressed by Doctors Without Borders and data was
sucessfully shared with the organisation working on the ground in the Ebola
affected area.

Death toll now reached 31 persons out of 53 cases.
Humanitarian organizations are trying to set up medical infrastructures in
the affected area. Being located in a dense equatorial forest,
accessibility to the area is problematic. Logistics aspects currently
challenge all who want to bring material for building temporary health
infrastructures and other structures.

The UN agency OCHA sent a formal request to HOT last night in order to
increase our support in providing geographic data for a wider area, we are
therefore turning this DRC Ebola humanitarian project into a proper HOT
Activation.

New tasks will be set up as soon as imagery is available.
Keep mapping!

Claire

ps: Our new Activation page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2014_DRC_Ebola_Response