[HOT] West Africa Ebola Activation : follow-up

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 3 13:24:03 UTC 2014

Hi Rafael,

this script look interesting, taking care to remove the tag and place it on a node.

Since there might be names around to reconcile with, this import cannot be done mecanically.

There are some 4,500 of these places on polygons. To share this task among many contributors, I think that a good solution would be that the output of your script split the list of polygons + places, with a maximum  of 100 polygons / places per file,

This way, the JOSM Todo plugin would let go rapidly through the list of place nodes, merge with an other place if appropriate and upload the result to the OSM database.

Is this make sense?

Pierre