[HOT] West Africa Ebola Activation : follow-up

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 06:25:50 UTC 2014

Hi, Pierre:

I wonder if you thought about replacing the names on the residential
polygons by a node in their centroid automatically using a script.

I created one for a similar task: the import of place names for
several states in North Nigeria, still a work in progress [1]. For that, I
wrote a script that extracts the names of the places and creates an
osm file with the nodes.

If needed, I can tweak the code to make one for this ebola task.

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Nigeria_eHealth_Africa_Places