[HOT] Satellite imagery interpretation examples - looking for suggestions

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 07:21:21 UTC 2014

Blake,

I'm hoping you can come up with a way of sharing the screenshots on
these subjects. As well as the wiki or LearnOSM article you develop, the
basic screenshots could be of enormous help for those who produce items
on twitter, facebook, press articles, slideshows for presentations etc..

Personally I'm currently attempting to work on a series of slides used
when delivering training at events, and I like to include screenshots
from iD & JOSM and in each I like to have the scale visible.

There are many others on this mailing list with more experience on the
subject of sharing the information, but this could include a shared
folder in GoogleDrive, or Dropbox.

Regards

Nick
(Tallguy)

On 10/09/14 02:32, Blake Girardot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You might have read in a few emails I was hoping to put up some
> satellite imagery that shows things we often map in W. Africa.
>
> Originally and still mainly, I wanted some examples of schools and
> roads of different types.
>
> I am open to any suggestions for things to include and if you find any
> good examples with MapBox imagery please send them my way.
>
> Or if you find something that you don't know what it is, please share
> it here and we'll get it identified.
>
> For users of iD, just center on the thing in question and then
> copy/past the url from your web browser into an email.
>
> JOSM users can click in the lower left corner of their window and a
> location box will pop up, you can just copy/paste the url from that
> box into an email.
>
> Cheers,
> Blake

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)