[HOT] Houses or buildings with no roof in W Africa mapping

Alexander W. Janssen alexander.janssen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 04:56:07 UTC 2014

Well, the documentation says that we have landuse=construction [1] and
there's also an abandoned key [2]; however, I don't know what to do if one
isn't sure if it's still under construction or already abandoned. I, for
myself, didn't draw an outline for these buildings for the same reason as
you already stated; they are probably not inhabited, but you can never be
sure.
Maybe outline it anyway and add a note to it, that the mapper isn't sure?

Cheers, Alex.

1. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dconstruction
2. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:abandoned

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Blake Girardot <bgirardot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> New user supersonic3974 asked this question in irc last night but didn't
> get a reply:
>
> [22:45] <supersonic3974> Hey, quick question.  What are these things that
> look like buildings under construction?  They seem to be everywhere.
> Here's an example:  http://imgur.com/ccS03xv
>
> I have that same question coincidentally enough.
>
> They look like buildings with no roof.
>
> Are they buildings under construction or structures that lost their roof?
>
> My guess is we wouldn't outline them since they probably are not
> inhabited, but I don't know for sure.
>
> I'll make sure he gets an answer if someone replies here.
>
> Cheers,
> Blake

The best thing about procrastinating is you can do it NOW and ANYTIME.