[HOT] Houses or buildings with no roof in W Africa mapping

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 17:00:39 UTC 2014

I agree with the idea of organizing some tagging conventions is
important so our W. Africa mapping is consistent. And that conventions
will vary by region.

There really are not that many tags we use for 80-90% of what we map so
we should be able to get them pretty consistent.

I also agree that we should keep it simple so we can communicate it
easily to mappers and make helpful progress as quickly as is reasonable.

In this particular instance I'd like to use building=yes,
building=construction, or building=no_roof

I am not comfortable using wall for what is not really a barrier wall in
the spirit of the barrier=wall tag. I don't think it is very intuitive
for people on the ground to see a barrier=wall indication on a map, but
only a partial house there.

Thank everyone for their replies so far and I have forwarded this thread
to supersonic3974 so he can follow it and I really appreciate him asking
a question that has been on my mind and I am sure lots of others.

Best wishes,
Blake