[HOT] Gaza stip, hot export in shape

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Sep 16 00:06:55 UTC 2014

On 9/14/2014 11:38 PM, Fred Moine wrote:
> I guess that there needs to be a discussion about what to do, as this
> seems to
> be a problem only for arcgis. I don't know what were the reasons to
> reproject
> the in the first place, at the time hot-export service was designed.
3857 is the standard projection for rendering web maps. If ArcGIS has
problems with it, try 900913 which is an older non-standard name for the
same projection.

3785 is another old name, which EPSG replaced with 3857. The three above
are equivalent, but http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/EPSG:3857 has
more information.

It really shouldn't matter what projection they're in, as any analysis
software should be able to reproject at will, and any rendering will
either be it or in some local projection that can't be used globally.