[HOT] West Africa railway network

Michael HeiƟmeier michael63 at digital-filestore.de
Tue Sep 16 13:42:23 UTC 2014

David Schmitt wrote on  20140916, 15:04:
> either someone already got around too this or I'm missing something.
> The only railway this shows in eastern Guinea seems to end in Kankan
> properly. The trace on Bing is so faint, that I wouldn't have recognized
> it (neither as significant nor as railways) had it not already been
> traced as such.

I too have the feeling that the data are not quite consistent. I can see several
isolated railway lines as a result of the query but at least at some points
their continuation is definitely in the database - not just recently added.
However, I don't have any clue so far why the query is not working properly.

E.g. here: 13.8520527, -13.5240216
overpass query shows a railway=rail coming from SW and terminating there, the
database has the complete line

Regards

Michael