[HOT] Hewlett Foundation support to HOT

Kate Chapman kate.chapman at hotosm.org
Fri Sep 26 02:38:53 UTC 2014

Dear HOTies

We have some exciting news! HOT has been awarded a Hewlett Foundation grant
to better support the Ebola response and the future growth of HOT. Hewlett
will be funding a number of organizations as part of this full grant
disbursement.

The official announcement can be found here:
http://www.hewlett.org/newsroom/press-release/william-and-flora-hewlett-foundation-announces-5-million-emergency-funding-ebola-response

In our discussions with Hewlett, it was agreed that the funds would be used
for the following key items:
* Technical Tools
* Documentation and Training Resources to Support Activations

Your contributions continue to be used in the field and are invaluable to
our partners. This grant has been made possible due to all your constant
efforts. It is our goal to use these funds to improve your experience and
support our contributors. I will be working closely with the activation
leads, the Board, and our partners on the next steps. We will be working
with the community throughout the use of this grant over the next year.

Thank you to Hewlett, our partners, other funders/supporters, and each of
you.

Kate

--
Kate Chapman