[HOT] Canaan Haiti Mapping

Fred Moine frmoine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:39:36 UTC 2015

Dear Dale,

I have discussed with OSM contributor in Haiti, who are in touch with local
community.

If we want to have a good mapping exercise, OSM haiti can make the last UAV
imagery over this area. Even if the rainy started and Canaan is a windy
area. We can still get the latest imagery. Canaan area change a lot since
2014.

In one week they can cover a large area. And then we can discuss about the
work flow. the Dinepa want to do an water atlas for Haiti and they want to
involve osm Haiti community and dinepa want to start with Canaan.
So if you have some fund in your project we can discuss with OSM Haiti what
they can do.
OSM Haiti and a maker space in Haiti want also to put some small low cost
rainfull station to collect important information about rain ( Hydro
simulation / validation).

So any help are welcome

All the best FredM