[HOT] [talk-oam] Crowdsourcing Point Clouds for Disaster Response

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Sat Apr 11 00:47:32 UTC 2015

One additional thought -- point clouds are a nice product from image
matching, as are orthophotos. I've been thinking for a while that
Pictometry/Bird's eye view-like output would be another valuable product
that could be generated with OpenDroneMap.

Ok, back to Friday night.
Cheers,
Best,
Steve

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Stephen Mather <stephen at smathermather.com>
wrote:

> Ok, did a terrible job reading Patrick's post initially. The last couple
> of paragraphs take it home to an interesting proposition. Ahem. Sorry for
> replying without deep reading... I blame Friday night.
>
> This is a really interesting proposal -- especially proposal of a
> platform, and crowd sourcing + AI for feature identification. I could see a
> role for ODM in this.
>
> Cheers,
> Best,
> Steve
>

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Stephen Mather <stephen at smathermather.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Here's the one minute summary for OpenDroneMap
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UctfoeNB_Y&feature=youtu.be
>>
>> I think an important space to solve is the hosting of point clouds.
>> Howard Butler and crew are working in this. For the client side of this,
>> see e.g. http://plas.io
>>
>> I agree with Patrick's implication (or perhaps I'm inferring) that it
>> world be great to see someone addressing the hosting and visualization of
>> point clouds for humanitarian response.  AFAIK, Howard's work is the
>> furthest along in solving these specific technical problems.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Best,
>> Steve
>> On Apr 10, 2015 7:59 PM, "Stephen Mather" <stephen at smathermather.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Christian, Patrick,
>>>
>>> OpenDroneMap does this, is open source and under active development.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> Best,