[HOT] [talk-oam] Crowdsourcing Point Clouds for Disaster Response

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Sat Apr 11 00:10:05 UTC 2015

Here's the one minute summary for OpenDroneMap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UctfoeNB_Y&feature=youtu.be

I think an important space to solve is the hosting of point clouds. Howard
Butler and crew are working in this. For the client side of this, see e.g.
http://plas.io

I agree with Patrick's implication (or perhaps I'm inferring) that it world
be great to see someone addressing the hosting and visualization of point
clouds for humanitarian response.  AFAIK, Howard's work is the furthest
along in solving these specific technical problems.

Cheers,
Best,
Steve