[HOT] Advice needed: field mapping in Central African Republic

malenki osm_ at malenki.ch
Sun Apr 12 12:51:12 UTC 2015

Though never having mapped these kind of things so far I try to give my
best guesses:

Pete Masters schrieb
am Sun, 12 Apr 2015 12:41:41 +0100:

> Some important landmarks in Bangassou are the catholic missions  (of
> which there are at least two),

I'd think I'd use
office=religion
operator=
name=

> prayer houses  (of which there are many) and

That's why in OSM you don't map a church but an
amenity=place_of_worship
Further I'd use
building=prayer_house
denomination=catholic
religion=christian
and
name=

>chief's houses (one for every quartier / village etc). […] a kind of
>like a local administration office

If it works as (a kind of) town hall, why not map it as such?
At the momen I am lacking the time to do so, but why not look for
already mapped ibjects of these kinds to see what other people did?

hth
Thomas