[HOT] SPAM? MALWARE? Fwd: Survey Goethe-University Frankfurt a. M. Department of Human Geography

Pat Tressel ptressel at myuw.net
Mon Apr 13 18:01:36 UTC 2015

John --

This could be excellent feedback for their survey design.  Especially
important are the questions that do not have a way to enter the "real"
answer or that suggest a category of answer, e.g. "where do you map?",
where my answer is similar to yours -- wherever the requests come in from
-or- what event is in the news (and I go looking for a corresponding HOT
task).  I was also thinking, as you did, that it would be an advantage to
them to try out mapping first -- get on the mailing list, see how tasks are
announced and pitched, talk to people...and *then* compose the survey
questions.  It is probably not too late now to improve the questions, since
they are just starting.

-- Pat

One of the problems with surveys is selection criteria of the sample and