[HOT] "Training" volunteers in Albania

Besfort Guri besiguri at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:50:24 UTC 2015

Dear all,

We talked a lot for this issues, what I suggest for Albania is a Mapathon
for over the weekend in Tirana.

Thanks,
Besfort

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Luca Paolo Pescatore <multivac2x at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Things Lab
>
> https://www.facebook.com/ThingsLabTirana
>
> Is the group that I am supporting now, one of the member of the lab wants
> to work with OSM.
>
> I will put him in contact with you.
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Mike Dupont <
> jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> check out openlabs.com which is a group who is working on open source
>> and knowledge projects in Albania.
>>
>> in 2010 I was working on the flooding in Shokder, work page here with
>> some non dead links.
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/AlbanianFloodingCrisisCamp
>>
>> We have a mailing list with many users from Kosovo on it, there might be
>> some from Albania.
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gis-kosova
>>
>> mike
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 4:54 AM, malenki <osm_ at malenki.ch> wrote:
>>
>>> About a month ago I stumbled over some beginners mapping in Tirana
>>> (capital of Albania).
>>> Though the edits were not too useful they were tagged with
>>> #hotosm-project-926 #PeaceCorps #PeaceCorpsAlbania source=Bing
>>> so I thought to do nothing for the time being since the connected task
>>> http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/926 said
>>> But after a month the data isn't changed/corrected and my message¹ to
>>> the creator of the task sent on 24th of March still is not answered.
>>>
>>> A mentioning of the issue on IRC on March 28th also don't give results.
>>>
>>> My view of the issue is:
>>> Which worth has a "training" when the trainees don't get feedback?
>>> The creator of the task (which I assume the trainer) hasn't made a
>>> single edit in Albania.
>>> The data created during the task wasn't enhanced after creating it.
>>>
>>> Now I'd like to hand over the "issue" to people with more experience
>>> in HOT.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Thomas
>>>
>>> ¹ The message I sent:
>>>
>>> Mirëdita [Albanian "good day"] $User
>>>
>>> you created HOT task 926¹ for training volunteers in Albania.
>>>
>>> I welcome people mapping a country I really like and of course HOT is
>>> an invaluable program. But when you are /training/ people you should
>>> also teach them how to do stuff and give feedback to what they mapped.
>>> Else they may produce just a lot of unhelpful data.
>>>
>>> I didn't investigate on purpose but so far I stumbled over following
>>> issues:
>>>
>>>     duplicate houses (mapped by the same mapper
>>>     https://www.osm.org/#map=21/41.3330021/19.7839432
>>>     houses with offset to its basements
>>>     https://www.osm.org/#map=20/41.333141/19.782218
>>>     houses drawn over highways
>>>     https://www.osm.org/#map=20/41.333141/19.782218
>>>     ways of outlines only tagged with area=yes e.g.:
>>>     https://www.osm.org/#map=19/41.334339/19.788208
>>>     In Tirana I found 103 ways which were tagged this way and
>>>     belong to HOT task 926.
>>>
>>> I also found a highway=road dragged over a correct highway which I just
> [...]

*Besfort Guri*
GIS Developer

*IRuSP - Implemtation and Enforcement of*
*Rural Planning Project*

+386 49 87 75 75
Blog: http://www.bguri.net

An EU funded project managed by
EU Office in Kosovo
Implemented by NIRAS in consortium with DLG and INSI

Address: Str Shaban Polluzha, No 3, Prishtina, Kosovo